With the 27-inch 512GB iMac on Sale, the Retina 5K display desktop computer that does it all is even more worth it. It has the latest Intel processors and graphics, advanced storage options, high-performance networking, and macOS Big Sur. And its stunning Retina 5K...
3 Easy Steps How to Add Calendar Events with HomePod
How to Add Calendar Events with HomePod
A voice assistant controls nearly all the available intelligent speakers today, and the HomePod is no different. After all, it’s Siri that makes the HomePod “intelligent.” No different than other Apple devices, HomePod utilizes Siri as the built-in voice assistant.
If you’re one of these users who haven’t been using Siri, it might take a little time to get used to Apple’s built-in voice assistant. In this article, we’ll be going over how you can add calendar events with HomePod, and how they will sync over to the other Apple devices, such as the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
How to Add Calendar Events with HomePod
Regardless if you’re using the HomePod or HomePod mini or older firmware, this will work. Follow the steps outlined below to add calendar events using just Siri on your HomePod. Below are the steps:
- To add a new calendar event, use the voice command “Hey Siri, add a calendar event.”
- Siri will ask you what date and time of your appointment. You’ll need to say it in your next reply. A faster way would be straightforward and say something such as, “Hey Siri, add an appointment to my calendar on Friday at 7 am.”
- If you wanted the event to have a name, you could include it in your voice command. Try saying: “Hey Siri, add a calendar event named Doctors Appointment.”
It’s that easy! Using Voice Commands, you have entered a calendar event with your HomePod.
Check what’s on your Calendar via HomePod
To see if there is anything on your calendar:
- Ask Siri, “Hey Siri, what’s on my calendar?”.
To be more specific about a certain day, you could use the voice command:
- “Hey Siri, what’s on my calendar for tomorrow.”
How-to Remove Calendar Events with HomePod
If you accidentally added the wrong event or date, you may also want to learn how to remove appointments. Check out below for the steps:
- You can begin with “Hey Siri, delete a calendar event,” and Siri will list out all calendar events. You can then pick the event you want to remove.
To remove a specific calendar event, use a command like this, “Hey Siri, delete the calendar event Doctors Appointment.”. When Siri asks for your approval, reply “Yes.” It’s that simple to add and remove calendar events using Siri on the HomePod.
Siri is only capable of deleting one event at a time, so if you’re trying to delete several calendar events, you will have to do it one at a time, which takes quite a while.
All the calendar events that you add using Siri on the HomePod will show up in the Calendar app on your iPhone, provided you’re the primary user of the HomePod.
It’s a convenient feature for the HomePod to play ambient sounds with a timer. Give it a shot, and let us know how it goes. Drop your feedback and comments below!
Check out other HomePod How-Tos
- Reset your HomePod
- HomePod Buying Guide
- HomePod to make and receive calls
- How to Play Ambient Sounds on HomePod
- How to Add Calendar Events with HomePod
- How to Find iPhone on HomePod
- How to Change Siri Volume on HomePod
- How to Update HomePod Software | 2021
Our Other Pages
How-to Hard Reset HomePod in 2022?
Need to reset your HomePod? The HomePod and HomePod mini are incredibly easy to set up. There are two ways to completely reset HomePod or HomePod mini.
HomePod Deals | Buying Guide
HomePod is a speaker that sounds incredible, is easy to set up and control, and brings Siri to life. There have been some good HomePod Deals as of recently.
Apple Discontinuing Original HomePod | 2021
Apple announced this evening that the HomePod will be discontinued and will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple and Retail Stores.
6 Easy Steps to Reset HomePod Mini | Troubleshooting
Are you having a difficult time with your HomePod? Luckily, In only 6 steps or less to reset HomePod Mini and HomePod you could resolve the problems.
Make Phone Calls With HomePod | 2022
Do you know that you can use your HomePod as a speakerphone and make phone calls with HomePod mini or HomePod, and know who is calling before you answer?
How to Play Ambient Sounds on HomePod Mini | 2022
We’ll be using the aid of Siri to play ambient sounds on HomePod. Depending on the ambient sound you want your HomePod to play, the voice commands may vary.