With the 27-inch 512GB iMac on Sale, the Retina 5K display desktop computer that does it all is even more worth it. It has the latest Intel processors and graphics, advanced storage options, high-performance networking, and macOS Big Sur. And its stunning Retina 5K...
How to Fix Touch ID on Magic Keyboard | 2022
How to Fix Touch ID on Magic Keyboard
If you can’t get your Mac to start up or unlock, it might be because of an issue with Touch ID. No worries! We will cover troubleshooting the Touch ID on your Magic Keyboard. If new magic keyboard touch id not working let’s look into what Mac you have and ensure it is compatible with the Magic Keyboard with Touch ID.
What Macs support the Magic Keyboard with Touch ID
Only Apple silicon Macs are compatible with the new Magic Keyboard with Touch ID. Below is a list of Apple silicon Macs.
If your not sure what Mac you have, follow the steps below:
1. Click the Apple icon at the upper left corner of your screen.
2. Next, click About this Mac from the drop-down menu.
3. Lastly, on the following menu, verify it states: Chip Apple M1.
How to fix Touch ID on Magic Keyboard
Now that we know you have an Apple silicon Mac let’s look at how we can get Touch ID working. After each step, try using Touch ID.
1. Ensure you have the latest version of macOS
2. Clean the Touch ID with a lint-free cloth, and ensure your hands are clean.
3. When using the Touch ID, completely cover the sensor with your finger. While Touch ID is scanning your fingerprint, you shouldn’t tap the sensor too quickly or move your finger around.
4. Click the Apple menu and then System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
5. Click Touch ID, and ensure you have “Unlocking your Mac” or “Tunes” Store, App Store & Apple Books” turned on.
6. Make sure you have enrolled your fingerprint.
7. Enroll another finger
8. Restart your Mac
If you found this article helpful, you might also find these Mac Advisers articles useful as well.
- How to Undo on Mac – Keyboard Shortcuts | 2021
- How to Uninstall Apps on Mac | 2021
- How to Type Emojis on Mac | 2021
- How to Connect iMessage to Mac | 2021
- How to Sign Out of iMessage on Mac | 2021
- How to Scan a Document on your iPhone | 2021
- How to fix external display Mac mini M1
Drop your comments below!
How to Make a Quick Note Shortcut Mac You'll be glad to know that the Quick Notes function has an effortless and nearly immediate keyboard shortcut that will open the Notes app on the Mac to type information and keep critical information. What is the keyboard shortcut...
How to Share WIFI password from iPhone to Mac Using the shared Wi-Fi password function will make joining a Wi-Fi network much simpler for Mac users trying to connect to a friend's, a family member's, or a business wireless network. This is helpful for various reasons,...
So you think creating a video recording of your Mac's screen intimidates the heck out of you? Well, don't worry! Apple already has all the tools in place to screen record on Mac with audio. And it couldn't be easier to use--if you know how to take a...
Have you ever wondered how to make a cent sign on Mac? Have you ever googled the cent symbol then copied and pasted it? Your not the only one! Typing the cent symbol on a Mac was a mystery for me for quite a while. When filling in a spreadsheet or typing a...
In this article, we will cover how to refresh browser on Mac, why you might want to do a browser refresh and a few more cool tricks along the way. Mac users who have switched from Windows might be wondering what the equivalent refresh button is when they are...
One of the best ways to get more work done is by staying on top of your tasks and projects. Frequently, it can be difficult for people who are constantly switching between apps back and forth. The solution? Split Screen! In this article, we will go over how...