Beta 7 of iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5 released to users in the beta testing programs for iPhone and iPad. The new beta build is 18E5198a and is available to both developer beta and public beta users. Apple typically goes through several betas builds before releasing a final version of system software to the general public. With Apple releasing Beta 7, it suggests we may be very close to the final public releases of iOS and iPadOS 14.5, watchOS 7.4, tvOS 14.5, and macOS Big Sur 11.3
Beta 7 of iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5 released
Below is a list of some of the features released in iOS 14.5
- App Tracking Transparency: iPhone users may choose to allow App permissions (through iOS prompt) whenever they want to track their activities outside the app.
- New Siri voices: Apple no longer defaults Siri to the familiar female voice due to its continuous commitment to diversity.
- Hey Siri, Call Emergency: New Siri capability allows you to inquire Siri to call emergency services.
- Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch: For the first time, your Apple Watch will now unlock your iPhone when you're wearing a face covering.
- Battery Health recalibration for iPhone 11 models: The calibration helps fix a bug that caused unexpected battery drain behavior or reduced peak performance capability in a small number of instances.
- Music app changes: including swipe gestures, a lyrics sharing feature, and more
- Apple Maps crash reporting and speed traps: Apple Maps users in iOS 14.5 will be able to share crash reports, speed traps, and road hazards in real-time to help move around traffic. It's unclear how the system will work exactly.
- AirPlay 2 support for Fitness+: In iOS 14.5, you can stream workouts from your iPhone to an AirPlay 2 supported device, which is a considerable improvement.
- 5G Global dual-sim support: In iOS 14.5, 5G is supported on the data connection when you use dual-SIM mode.
- Podcast and News app design: The Podcast and Apple News apps have had a few minor but pleasant design changes.
- Game controller support: You can finally sync your Xbox Series X/S or PlayStation 5 game controller to your iPhone.
- Shortcuts: The Shortcuts app expands the ability to enable or disable orientation lock, change cellular modes, and take screenshots.
- New Emojis: Apple added many new Emojis back in iOS 14.2, but over 200 were included in iOS 14.5.
- Sorting and printing Reminders: The filterable filters are Manual, Due Date, Creation Date, Priority, and Title.
- MagSafe Wallet: When attaching or detaching one of Apple's MagSafe Wallets to an iPhone 12 model, there's a stronger haptic vibration.
- Reminders App: Option to sort lists in Reminders by Due Date, Priority, Creation Date, or Title. Added option to print Reminder list.
- News App: Added new Search tab in the Apple News app, and the News+ section added “For You” feature and an easier to access Browse tab.
- iPad Horizontal Loading Screen: Loading the screen with the Apple logo now shows up in a horizontal orientation when the iPad is in the horizontal position
How to download iOS 14.5 beta
Visit beta.apple.com utilizing the device you wish to run the beta on, sign in, and download the beta profile. I wouldn't recommend running the beta on your primary phone.
After downloading the beta, follow these steps:
- Open Settings
- Tap General and then choose Profile
- Next, your device will reset, enabling the profile.
- After your iPhone resets, open Settings.
- Tap General
- Then choose Software Updates and tap “download the latest beta release.”
Check Out The Other Articles!
- iMac On Sale April 2021 | Best iMac Deals
- Macbooks On Sale April 2021 | Best MacBook Deals
- Apple Watch SE | Best Deals, Specs & More | 2021
- Apple Releases New Find My Certification Asst App | 2021
- How to Use Handoff on Mac to Easily Continue Tasks | 2021
- Best Apple Watch Deals | April 2021
Our Other Pages
Let us know if we left something off iOS 14.5 feature list? Drop your feedback and comments below!