M1 24-inch iMac Review Roundup | 2021 The reviews of the new iMacs have surfaced, and they are not disappointing as seen in countless M1 24-inch iMac review. The first thing reviewers noticed is how beautiful these computers look in person--no surprises there! They...
How To Set Up An Apple AirTag | 2022
It isn’t too tricky, and you’ll soon find yourself having your phone tell you where all your stuff went. So before getting started with our tiny tracker, let me give some quick pointers on what settings to enable, which devices are compatible with this device in order to set them up properly.
The AirTag is made for the modern, busy person. It allows you to track your belongings anytime and anywhere with just a quick tap on one of the buttons located near its surface. The tracker connects via Bluetooth LE and Apple’s custom U1 chip so that it can be found if lost or stolen!
How to Set Up an Apple AirTag
1. Start by removing the protective plastic from your AirTag, and then remove the final piece of plastic when you hear a short chime. Congratulations! Your AirTag is now ready to be set up.
2. Next, place the AirTag within several inches of your unlocked iPhone or iPad running iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, or higher to have it automatically detect and connect with the Bluetooth tracker without a hitch!
- If the on-screen dialog does not appear after several seconds, lock your iPhone or iPad and unlock it again. Then bring AirTag closer to Side/Power button.
3. Next, assign a name to what you plan on keeping track of with the AirTag. If one of the default names doesn’t suit your liking, there’s always the “Custom Name” option.”
4. After naming your AirTag, Select the “Continue” button to proceed.
The pop-up message will show the email address and phone number associated with your Apple ID. The email and phone number will be affiliated with your AirTag if you ever lose it, which helps identify its rightful owner!
Next, Tap “Continue” to finish registering the AirTag.
Your AirTag will now finish setting up. Give it a minute or two to wrap up.
The AirTag is now added to the Find My Network and paired to your iPhone or iPad. The message on the bottom briefly explains different ways to find the accessory if it is lost. Tap the “View in Find My App” to see the AirTag.
In the Find My app, you’ll see a map of the AirTag’s location, a button to play a sound out of the AirTags speaker, and a “Find” option to precisely locate the accessory. ( Precision finding requires an iPhone 11 and newer)
You can easily mark your AirTag as lost by renaming it and removing the Bluetooth tracker from the Apple ID.
AirTag was built to help the visually impaired navigate around their home with ease. With features like Precision Finding, AirTags can direct those who are blind or low-vision to them by providing directions such as “AirTag is 9 feet away on your left”.
- How to take a screenshot on Mac | 2021
- How to Change Siri’s Voice | iOS 14.5 | 2021
- How to Prevent Apps From Tracking You on iPhone | 2021
- How to Right-Click on a Mac with Magic Mouse | 2021
- How to Find the Serial Number on a MacBook
- 11 most useful Mac keyboard shortcuts | 2021
- How to Undo on Mac – Keyboard Shortcuts | 2021
- How to Type the Degree Symbol on Mac | 2021
What do you guys think about the AirTags? Useful? Drop your comments below!
Apple has announced its latest gadget: Apple AirTag, an iPhone accessory that will help owners quickly find essential things like keys or wallets through its unique location system. Available only in select stores starting Friday, April 30th. Apple today...
Apple Airtag Available to order on Amazon Apple has announced its latest gadget: Apple AirTag, an iPhone accessory that will help owners quickly find essential things like keys or wallets through its unique location system. Whether attached to a handbag, keys,...
The AirTag is a nifty little gadget that can be used to keep track of personal belongings. Apple annouced its lastest gadget in their Spring Loaded event. Setting up one of Apple's trackers is pretty easy to do. Keep reading to find out how to replace AirTag...
Best AirTag Accessories The much-awaited Apple AirTag is finally here! Apple announced the AirTag at the Spring Loaded event earlier this year. The nifty little tracker ensures you never lose your belongings. However, you will need a case or strap with the...