With the 27-inch 512GB iMac on Sale, the Retina 5K display desktop computer that does it all is even more worth it. It has the latest Intel processors and graphics, advanced storage options, high-performance networking, and macOS Big Sur. And its stunning Retina 5K...
How to download macOS Big Sur Public beta 7 on Mac
Apple has released the new macOS Big Sur Public Beta 7, with many changes and improvements. The update includes:
- Redesigned icons.
- More transparency throughout your computer’s interface.
- significant changes in Safari
- iOS inspired Control Centre
List of compatible MacBooks with macOS Big Sur
- MacBook Air 2013 and later
- MacBook Pro Late 2013 and later
- MacBook 2015 and later
- MacBook Pro Late 2013 and later
- MacBook Pro and Air (M1, 2020
List of compatible Mac Minis, iMacs, and Mac Pros with macOS Big Sur
- Mac mini 2014 and later
- iMac 2014 and later
- iMac Pro 2017 and later (all models)
- Mac Pro 2013 and later
- Mac Mini and iMac M1 (2020-2021)
Back up your Mac being installing macOS Big Sur Public beta 7
It’s the perfect time to get your Mac ready for macOS Big Sur! We know you’ve been waiting patiently, and we’re excited that it is now available. But before installing regular updates on this developer beta- most likely with bugs or other issues-, be sure to back up your device first (and let us help). Here are some steps:
- Plug in an external drive your Macbook, iMac, or Mini mini
- Next, you will see a window asking you to use the drive to back up with Time Machine. Click Encrypt Backup Disk. Next, click Use as Backup Disk.
- If you didn’t see the above window, click on the Apple icon, and click System Preferences and then click Time Machine.
- Click the Select Backup Disk, and select your drive.
- Lastly, select the box for Encrypt Backups and click on Use Disk.
- Choose the box for “Show Time Machine in the menu bar.” Following that, click on it from the top menu bar, and select Backup Now.
Enroll your Mac for macOS Big Sur Public beta 7
Maybe you’re a Mac user interested in the public beta software coming to macOS. If so, then I’ve got some exciting news for you: The macOS Public Beta Access Utility gives users access to all of these new features and more!
To get started with this excellent utility, click on the link “Download the macOS public beta access utility“- there are instructions right inside it showing how easy it will be for your computer’s installation process!
Download the macOS Big Sur 11.3 beta 7
After you’ve finished enrollment, you will be prompted to download and install the macOS Big Sur 11.3 beta 7 from Software Update in System Preferences.
Choose Upgrade Now to get the release. If a public beta is not ready, you will get a notification when it is released.
Install the macOS Big Sur Public beta 7
After the macOS BigSur, 11.3 Bet 7 has finished downloading, and the installer will launch and walks you through the installation process.
Stay on the latest macOS Big Sur Public beta 7
When a new macOS BigSur public beta is available, you’ll receive a notification from Software Update. You can install the macOS BigSur Public Beta from Software Update in System Preferences.
Check Out More!
- iOS and iPadOS 15 will feature significant changes to notifications, home screen
- 2021 iPad Pro vs 2020 iPad Pro | Big difference!
- Apple Spring Loaded Event Recap | Big Day for Apple | 2021
- Magic Keyboard with Touch ID is fully compatible with all M1 Macs
- Apple AirTag | Privacy and Security Built In | 2021
- New iPad Pro M1 | 12.9-inch Liquid Retina XDR
Our Other Pages
- Mac Adviser
- Mac News
- iPhone News
- iPad News
- HomePod News
- AirPods News
Share your ideas and advice in the comments!
Reset SMC MacBook Pro If your MacBook starts acting up, you should probably run through some standard troubleshooting procedures. Some of these include restarting it and running Disk Utility as well as doing a Safe Boot. You can also try zapping the NVRAM if...
How to Make a Quick Note Shortcut Mac You'll be glad to know that the Quick Notes function has an effortless and nearly immediate keyboard shortcut that will open the Notes app on the Mac to type information and keep critical information. What is the keyboard shortcut...
How to Share WIFI password from iPhone to Mac Using the shared Wi-Fi password function will make joining a Wi-Fi network much simpler for Mac users trying to connect to a friend's, a family member's, or a business wireless network. This is helpful for various reasons,...
Have you ever wondered how to make a cent sign on Mac? Have you ever googled the cent symbol then copied and pasted it? Your not the only one! Typing the cent symbol on a Mac was a mystery for me for quite a while. When filling in a spreadsheet or typing a...
In this article, we will cover how to refresh browser on Mac, why you might want to do a browser refresh and a few more cool tricks along the way. Mac users who have switched from Windows might be wondering what the equivalent refresh button is when they are...
One of the best ways to get more work done is by staying on top of your tasks and projects. Frequently, it can be difficult for people who are constantly switching between apps back and forth. The solution? Split Screen! In this article, we will go over how...