With the 27-inch 512GB iMac on Sale, the Retina 5K display desktop computer that does it all is even more worth it. It has the latest Intel processors and graphics, advanced storage options, high-performance networking, and macOS Big Sur. And its stunning Retina 5K...
How to Screen Record on Mac with Audio | 2022
So you think creating a video recording of your Mac’s screen intimidates the heck out of you? Well, don’t worry! Apple already has all the tools in place to screen record on Mac with audio. And it couldn’t be easier to use–if you know how to take a screenshot on your Mac, then congratulations: You’re well on your way to being an expert at making quality recordings!
There are two ways to start recording: you can either use keyboard shortcuts or go through each menu option until you get there. I like using keyboard shortcuts because they’re quick and easy for me–I hope this article helps show how both options work.
Achieving your ideal screen recording can be tricky, but it doesn’t have to be with these easy steps! With the following changes, you’ll find yourself able to record like a pro in no time.
How to Screen Record on Mac with Audio using the Screenshot Toolbar
- On your Mac, press Command + Shift + 5 simultaneously. You can also press Command + Shift, then with your other hand, hit 5. When you do that, a toolbar with screenshot capabilities will appear on your screen!
How to Screen Record on Mac with Audio Using the entire screen with Screenshot Toolbar
- Click the icon depicted below in the onscreen controls. You will notice that your pointer has turned into a camera icon.
- If using multiple screens, click the screen you want to screen record.
- To stop recording, hit the stop button located in the menu bar in the upper right corner.
- Use the video’s thumbnail in the lower bottom corner and make adjustments to the video.
Screen Record a selected portion of the screen
- Click the icon depicted below in the onscreen controls.
- Adjust the area of the screen to record.
- To stop recording, hit the stop button located in the menu bar in the upper right corner
- Use the thumbnail of the video in the lower bottom corner and make adjustments to the video.
Screen Record with QuickTime Player
The second way but more extended way to open the screenshot toolbar is via the QuickTime Player. You can open the QuickTime player by navigating to your Applications folder and double-clicking the QuickTime Player or pressing Command + Space and searching for QuickTime Player using the Spotlight tool. View more about QuickTime Player.
With QuickTime Player open, click on File in the menu followed by New Screen Recording.
Screen Record Settings
If you want to take a screenshot, then the first three icons on your Mac’s toolbar can help. You’ll find more information about them in this guide from our blog.
The Microphone option is what you’ll want to adjust if you plan to capture audio while recording your Mac screen. For example, let’s say you’re giving a work presentation and find it necessary to use an external microphone. In this scenario, this setting tells QuickTime Player which mic is used for recording purposes.
Okay, so you can make your cursor into a circle of rings when recording. This setting is excellent for presentations and teaching. This setting is under Options.
When you’re ready to record, click the Record button. A small stop sign-like icon will appear on the top-right side of your display. Click on that when you’re done recording and wait for just a few seconds before it’s processed into an editable clip with QuickTime automatically launching so you can save or export right away and share if desired.
Now, you know several ways to screen record on Mac with audio. If you found this article helpful, you might also find these Mac Adviser articles useful.
- How to take a screenshot on Mac | 2021
- How to Change Siri’s Voice | iOS 14.5 | 2021
- How to Prevent Apps From Tracking You on iPhone | 2021
- How to Right-Click on a Mac with Magic Mouse | 2021
- How to Find the Serial Number on a MacBook
- 11 most useful Mac keyboard shortcuts | 2021
- How to Undo on Mac – Keyboard Shortcuts | 2021
- How to Type the Degree Symbol on Mac | 2021
If you have any helpful tips or tricks about screen recording on Mac, please drop a comment below!
Reset SMC MacBook Pro If your MacBook starts acting up, you should probably run through some standard troubleshooting procedures. Some of these include restarting it and running Disk Utility as well as doing a Safe Boot. You can also try zapping the NVRAM if...
How to Make a Quick Note Shortcut Mac You'll be glad to know that the Quick Notes function has an effortless and nearly immediate keyboard shortcut that will open the Notes app on the Mac to type information and keep critical information. What is the keyboard shortcut...
How to Share WIFI password from iPhone to Mac Using the shared Wi-Fi password function will make joining a Wi-Fi network much simpler for Mac users trying to connect to a friend's, a family member's, or a business wireless network. This is helpful for various reasons,...
Have you ever wondered how to make a cent sign on Mac? Have you ever googled the cent symbol then copied and pasted it? Your not the only one! Typing the cent symbol on a Mac was a mystery for me for quite a while. When filling in a spreadsheet or typing a...
In this article, we will cover how to refresh browser on Mac, why you might want to do a browser refresh and a few more cool tricks along the way. Mac users who have switched from Windows might be wondering what the equivalent refresh button is when they are...
One of the best ways to get more work done is by staying on top of your tasks and projects. Frequently, it can be difficult for people who are constantly switching between apps back and forth. The solution? Split Screen! In this article, we will go over how...