Use Control Center on your Mac
The Control Center brings the menu bar items such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Sound collectively in a single place. Plus, you get extra controls and instant access to them all.
To see Control Center, click the Control Center icon in the menu bar. Click an item in Control Center to see further controls for that item. For example, click Wi-Fi to pick from a list of nearby networks, click Sound to select an audio device, or click Display to see Dark Mode, Night Shift, or True Tone options.
If you favor an item to appear on its own in the menu bar, drag it from Control Center to the menu bar:
How to customize Control Center
- Choose the Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Dock & Menu Bar.
- Choose an item in the sidebar.
- Use the controls to determine whether to show the item in the menu bar, in Control Center, or both.
- Some items continuously appear in Control Center. Other things, such as Accessibility Shortcuts, Fast User Switching, and Battery, can be added or removed.
- A few items, such as “Do Not Disturb” and Sound, can be set to show in the menu bar always or only when active.
- The preview area on the right shows the fixed position of each item in the Control Center.