With the 27-inch 512GB iMac on Sale, the Retina 5K display desktop computer that does it all is even more worth it. It has the latest Intel processors and graphics, advanced storage options, high-performance networking, and macOS Big Sur. And its stunning Retina 5K...
How to Find & Delete Duplicate Files on Mac
How to Find and Delete Duplicate Files on Mac
There are many reasons why you might end up with duplicate files on your Mac. Sometimes the duplicates go unnoticed, but occasionally these take up valuable storage space and can slow down your machine too. Thankfully finding them is not as hard as it may seem: use Finder to search for Duplicate items with Smart folder or by using a third-party app like Gemini 2.
Have you been using the same Mac for a while? If so, it may include an abundance of duplicate files that consume precious storage space on your device. This is especially true with large media files since users will often duplicate video or PSD projects before modifying them further. By removing these unnecessary duplicates from your hard drive, you can regain storage space.
How to Find Duplicate Files on Mac
1. Click on “File” in the menu bar.
2. Click “New Smart Folder” from the menu.
3. With the Smart Folder open, click the “+” icon as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Select a file type you want to search for duplicates.
5. Now, you’ll be able to browse for all files stored on your Mac, based on the file type you decided above.
6. Scroll through this grid view to find the duplicate files you want to delete. It helps to order the file list by ‘name’ to identify duplicate files quickly.
7. You can tell if files are duplicates by opening them and comparing the documents in question. You may also want to use “Get Info” on any of your other files that seem like they could be copies.
8. Right-click on any of the duplicate files and choose “Move to Trash” to remove the duplicate files.
Duplicate files on your Mac can be a real pain, but now that you know how to find them with the built-in feature in Finder called “Smart Folders,” which uses search tools like Spotlight and Quick Look, it’s easy peasy!
How to Find Duplicate Files on Mac With Gemini 2
Gemini 2 is like the ultimate file space cleaner, getting rid of any duplicates that may be lying around on your hard drive. The program will scan all remote corners and dig through scans to find duplicate files for you, so you don’t have to do it yourself!
To remove duplicate files:
1. Download Gemini 2
2. Choose the folder you want to search for duplicates.
3. Or Choose among the recommended locations
3. Run Scan for duplicates
3. Click Smart Cleanup or Review Files
Gemini is an intelligent new software that can tell the difference between originals and copies, files you want to keep from being deleted, and duplicates. It learns how you select which things should be kept or removed by remembering what choices were made in previous scenarios for more precision than any other similar app out there on the market today.
Gemini is your loyal assistant that stays on the lookout for new, duplicate files. It’s always spot-on with its notifications and will never let you forget about a single copy of anything stored in your Mac!
If you found this article helpful, you might also find these Mac Advisers articles useful.
- CleanMyMac X: Keeps your Mac Fast and Safe! | 2021
- How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone | 2021
- M1 24-inch iMac Review Roundup | 2021
- M1 iPad Pro Review Roundup | 2021
- How to Find & Delete Duplicate Files on Mac
- Apple Working on High-End MacBook Pro | 2021
- Apple Working on High-End Mac Mini with Apple Silicon
Drop your comments below!
Reset SMC MacBook Pro If your MacBook starts acting up, you should probably run through some standard troubleshooting procedures. Some of these include restarting it and running Disk Utility as well as doing a Safe Boot. You can also try zapping the NVRAM if...
How to Make a Quick Note Shortcut Mac You'll be glad to know that the Quick Notes function has an effortless and nearly immediate keyboard shortcut that will open the Notes app on the Mac to type information and keep critical information. What is the keyboard shortcut...
How to Share WIFI password from iPhone to Mac Using the shared Wi-Fi password function will make joining a Wi-Fi network much simpler for Mac users trying to connect to a friend's, a family member's, or a business wireless network. This is helpful for various reasons,...
Have you ever wondered how to make a cent sign on Mac? Have you ever googled the cent symbol then copied and pasted it? Your not the only one! Typing the cent symbol on a Mac was a mystery for me for quite a while. When filling in a spreadsheet or typing a...
In this article, we will cover how to refresh browser on Mac, why you might want to do a browser refresh and a few more cool tricks along the way. Mac users who have switched from Windows might be wondering what the equivalent refresh button is when they are...
One of the best ways to get more work done is by staying on top of your tasks and projects. Frequently, it can be difficult for people who are constantly switching between apps back and forth. The solution? Split Screen! In this article, we will go over how...