With the 27-inch 512GB iMac on Sale, the Retina 5K display desktop computer that does it all is even more worth it. It has the latest Intel processors and graphics, advanced storage options, high-performance networking, and macOS Big Sur. And its stunning Retina 5K...
How to Use 5G with your iPad | 2022
How to Use 5G with your iPad
Apple’s newest iPad Pro generations are now fully equipped for the next generation of wireless networks with 5G capability. Apple’s support page, titled “Use 5G with your iPad,” explains how to manage their data connection on the new iPad Pro models. Let’s take a look at what this new technology means and how you can optimize the settings for yourself! The only iPads that support 5G are the iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th Gen) and iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd Gen).
Change how your iPad uses the 5G Network.
- 5G Auto: Enables Smart Data mode. This mode will switch from 5G to LTE when the speed doesn’t provide noticeable improvements. LTE used less battery power in comparison to 5G.
- 5G On: This setting always uses a 5G network when it’s available. This mode can reduce battery life.
- LTE: This setting uses only the LTE network, even when a 5G connection is available. This setting can improve battery life.
Change how your iPad uses Data.
- Allow More Data on 5G: Allow More Data on 5G: Allows for higher data-usage features, such as high definition content streaming and FaceTime video. This setting also allows third-party apps to use more cellular data which can enhance your experience with the app. Keep in mind that this may cause you to consume a lot of battery life.
- Standard: This setting permits automatic updates and background tasks on cellular. You won’t use high-definition content streaming with this setting, including Facetime. This is the default data mode setting.
- Low Data Mode: This setting reduces Wi-Fi and cellular data usage by stopping automatic updates and background tasks.
If you do not see 5G in the status bar, make sure that you’re in an area with coverage. If need be, contact your carrier to find out if they support it or not. Follow the steps below to determine if you have a 5G service or get your 5G service working again.
1. Open Settings > Celular > Cellular Data Option If the screen depicted below isn’t shown, contact your service provider to determine if they support 5G.
2. Toggle Airplane mode on and off. If you still don’t see 5G in the status bar, contact your service provider.
If you found this article helpful, you might also find these Mac Advisers articles useful as well.
- How to Undo on Mac – Keyboard Shortcuts | 2021
- How to Uninstall Apps on Mac | 2021
- How to Type Emojis on Mac | 2021
- How to Connect iMessage to Mac | 2021
- How to Sign Out of iMessage on Mac | 2021
- How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone | 2021
Drop your comments below!
How to Split Screen on iPad Pro The iPad is a tablet that can do so much more than be a device to watch Netflix. Apple's latest update has given the iconic tech an upgrade in functionality by introducing multitasking features such as Split View and Slide...
How to Turn Off iPad Pro The lack of a Home button on the latest generation iPad Pro has led Apple to make some adjustments and place new hardware gestures. One such change is which power off. How to turn off iPad Pro There are two methods to turn off the...
M1 iPad Pro Review Roundup 2021 Apple is back at it, this time with a new iPad Pro. The M1 chip provides an enhanced iOS experience for the 12.9-inch size iPads and offers mini LED displays brighter than ever before! In our roundup of the iPad Pro, we take into...
How to Connect PS4 and Xbox controller to Your iPhone, iPad, and Mac Gaming on your iPhone and iPad just got a little more awesome. Now, with iOS 13's new Bluetooth controller support, you can finally get the entire gaming experience without being tied to...
How to Screen Record on iPhone or iPad Curious how to screen record on iPhone or iPad? iOS makes it easy to record what you are doing on your screen. You can use this function for many purposes, such as capturing gameplay or guiding a friend through an app...
How to Take A Screenshot on iPad You might have seen this title and thought: "It's obvious how to take a screenshot. They published an entire how-to for that?" But hear us out; with Apple's drive to provide the best devices every year, taking a screenshot...